Lemon Jake Peacock Cichlid
Aulonocara Jacobfreibergi (Undu Reef)
|Discount||When you Purchase||Discount|
|5% Discount Applied||3 - 5||5% $0.00|
|10% Discount Applied||6 - 11||10% $0.00|
|15% Discount Applied||12 +||15% $0.00|
This product is currently out of stock and unavailable.
- General Information & Care
- Additional Information & Care
- Want to Learn More?
General Information & Care
The Aulonocara species of cichlids called Lemon Jake Peacock is recognized by the unique coloring and distinctive markings. The males feature metallic blue faces, as well as along their body to their tail. Behind their gills and on their fins is a bright and vibrant shade of yellow- creating a colorful and mesmerizing sight in any aquarium.
The Lemon Jake Peacock is not an aggressive species, and they can make peaceful tankmates for other docile Peacock cichlids. Consider pairing with Sunshine Peacocks and Flavescent Peacocks, just to name a couple. These cichlids thrive and do best with plenty of rocks and caves to lurk in, so line the aquarium floor with a fine sand and rocks for the fish.
Additional Information & Care
Some additional things to know about the Lemon Jake Peacock Cichlid species include:
- Size: Adult males can grow up to 7-inches in length, typically.
- Habitat: The Lemon Jake Peacock is another species of Aulonocara, which is native to Lake Malawi, Africa.
- Temperature: Keep the tank between 78 – 82°F with a pH level of around 7.8 – 8.6.
- Diet: These cichlids are carnivores, who need a diet which is high in protein. This can be achieved with quality flakes and pellets for these fish- as well as blood worms and brine shrimp.